SECAUCUS, NJ, 11 July 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Quest Diagnostics (NYSE:DGX), the world’s main supplier of diagnostic data providers, as we speak launched its 2021 Company Accountability Report.
The report offers details about the corporate’s method to environmental, social and governance (ESG) points and dealing around the clock for the second 12 months to satisfy the demand of COVID-19, beginning in 2021. The initiatives taken are characterised by analysis, metrics and revolutionary collaboration.
In 2020, the corporate established Quest for Well being Fairness, a philanthropic effort with the Quest Diagnostics Basis. $100 million In monetary and testing assets. In 2021, the corporate and basis supplied greater than $15 million in company giving and Quest for Well being fairness grants. Quest Diagnostics is a founding accomplice and sponsor of the Select Wholesome Life (CHL) program, which offers COVID-19 testing and outreach help in addition to monetary help by the Basis. In 2021, the CHL expanded to 120 church buildings in 13 states and District of Columbia,
“Recognizing that the pandemic has highlighted deep-rooted inequalities within the American healthcare system affecting underserved communities, we proceed to hunt methods to supply entry to important diagnostic testing. are,” stated. Steve Ruskowski, Chairman, CEO and President. “We’re happy with the collaboration now we have established by Quest for Well being Fairness.”
The corporate started its first formal materiality evaluation in 2021 to establish an important ESG matters for the corporate and its stakeholders. To extend the extent of ESG disclosure of the corporate, it additionally launched reporting in accordance with Sustainability Accounting Requirements Board (SASB) pointers.
“Our elevated consciousness of ESG points reminds us that as a public firm our accountability goes past delivering robust monetary outcomes to our shareholders,” it stated. Jim Davis, CEO-elect. “How we do enterprise and contribute to our society, setting and communities is vital to our long-term sustainable improvement. As we promote a more healthy world, we should firmly embrace our staff, suppliers and communities. ought to.”
The report covers key influence areas and highlights from 2021, together with:
- Donated time and assets to colleagues and communities, greater than 27,000 hours volunteered by employees and practically 800,000 testing wants with affected person help applications and donations or reductions by Quest for Well being Fairness.
- Decreasing the corporate’s environmental footprint by finishing the combination of Northeast regional operations right into a 250,000-square-foot next-generation laboratory facility Clifton, NJ, clifton The laboratory is now one of many largest medical laboratories globally.
- Dedication to figuring out, hiring and growing our various expertise. Greater than 56% of US-based Quest staff establish as individuals of coloration, representing larger range than the US workforce as an entire. Seventy-one % of the corporate’s workforce is ladies, which is greater than the illustration of girls within the US workforce.
- Greater than 5,000 Quest allies have been promoted and their careers superior in Quest.
- Added two extra worker enterprise networks, Pan Asian Leaders and Caregivers, bringing the entire to 10 with over 7,000 subscriptions. The corporate’s first EBN, Delight, celebrated 20 years of programming, advocacy and schooling.
- Tracy Doe Joined the corporate’s board of administrators, consisting of 5 males and 4 ladies, with greater than 20% of the entire board members representing various race or ethnicity. Ms. Doi serves as Chief Monetary Officer for Toyota Motor North America.
Click on right here to view the report on Quest Diagnostics Company Web site.
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers individuals to take motion to enhance well being outcomes. Derived from the world’s largest database of medical lab outcomes, our medical insights reveal new avenues to establish and deal with illness, encourage wholesome habits, and enhance well being care administration. Quest serves one in three grownup Individuals and half of physicians and hospitals in america yearly, and our practically 50,000 staff perceive that, in the suitable fingers and in the suitable context, our medical insights could be life-changing. can encourage motion. www.QuestDiagnostics.com.
Supply Quest Diagnostics